Gaza Weekly Webinars: Resources, Action Alerts and Reminders
Thank you for joining the weekly Webinars!
May Allah (swt) reward you for the efforts you take to raise awareness about the genocide occurring in Gaza and the injustice faced by the Palestinian people. Each week, we have sought to provide you with spiritual reminders, resources, action items, and an opportunity to come together as a community in these webinars. We hope it continues to be beneficial for you and your families.
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty in regard to the political climate, the increase in Islamophobic and anti-Palestinian hate that has affected all of our communities, the continued dehumanization of Palestinians, and the targeting of pro-Palestinian supporters. While the challenges are many, we are resilient as a community. We have full faith in Allah (swt) and His Divine Wisdom. We are confident in the strength of all our organizations and partners for justice, just as we are confident in our community to rise to the occasion and continue to demand justice, equity, and the freedom of the Palestinian people from decades of Israeli occupation and colonialism.
Below is a recap of the resources and links shared during the webinars. We have also included the individual actions you can continue to do to help with your advocacy for justice in Palestine.
Important Action Alerts and Forms
- Ceasefire Now!
Gaza Under Attack: https://action.cair.com/a/gazaunderattack
AJP Statement on 4-day Truce: https://ajpaction.org/ajp-action-welcomes-four-day-truce-in-gaza/
Demand Members of Congress Co-sponsor Ceasefire Resolution: https://ajpaction.org/demand-members-of-congress-cosponsor-ceasefire-resolution/
Call Your member of Congress for Ceasefire: https://act.newmode.net/action/mpower-change/ceasefire-gaza-now-0
- Reject Funding for Genocide: https://www.ampalestine.org/advocate/action-alert/call-your-members-congress-vote-no-israel-supplemental-appropriations-bill
- Report any incident of hate, intimidation and attacks: https://www.cair.com/report/
- November 29th International Day of Solidarity with Palestine: Plan local events, collaborate with partners, post on social media. Be Present and Loud for Palestine!
AMP resources: https://www.ampalestine.org
Resources on Islamophobia: https://islamophobia.org
Employee Guidance: Speaking to Human Resources https://islamophobia.org/anti-prejudice-tools/employee-guidance-speaking-with-human-resources/
- Employees Responding to Islamophobia: https://islamophobia.org/anti-prejudice-tools/guidance-to-u-s-employees-in-response-to-islamophobic-and-anti-palestinian-rhetoric-in-the-workplace/
- Know Your Rights: Encounters with Law Enforcement: https://islamophobia.org/anti-prejudice-tools/know-your-rights-encounters-with-law-enforcement/
- Guide for Students: https://islamophobia.org/anti-prejudice-tools/guidance-for-students-targeted-in-response-to-palestine-rights-advocacy-2/
Know Your Rights for Students: https://palestinelegal.org/know-your-rights
Freedom of Speech and Expression: https://palestinelegal.org/legal-student-handbook/2015/5/1/overview
Posters, Write/tweet Congress and legal resources: https://www.gazaispalestine.com
MSA National Resources for Students: https://www.msanational.org/resources
BDS statement on the latest aggression and call to boycott: https://bdsmovement.net/news/urgent-action-alert-for-meaningful-support-for-palestinians
BDS boycott list and reference for targeted consumer boycott: https://bdsmovement.net/get-involved/what-to-boycott
Educate Co-workers, Friends and Classmates – Utilize resources such as those found in If Americans Knew, Jewish Voice for Peace, American Muslims for Palestine to share.
The Believer’s Approach to Hardship
- Supplicate earnestly to Allah – Dua is the most powerful weapon of the believer. Asking for divine intervention in the midst of this trial is critical. Allah (swt) tells us in the Quran: “and when my servants ask you about Me, then tell them I am near. I answer the call of every believer when they call upon me so let them also answer my call and believe in me so they may find rightful guidance” (2:186).
- Pray Tahajjud – Make it a habit to wake up in the last third of the night when Allah (swt) comes down to the lowest heaven and beseech Allah to send Divine aid and assistance.
- Give in Charity – Donate to verified and reliable relief organizations that are supporting Palestinians on the ground in Gaza. Some suggested organizations are listed below:
- Mercy Without Limits
- Palestine Children’s Relief Fund
- Islamic Relief
- Helping Hand for Relief & Development
- Seek Mental Health Support– Connect and utilize the Family Youth Institute as a resource for mental health support and needs. We understand this is a difficult and overwhelming moment, especially for the Palestinian diaspora. It is okay to not be okay during this exhausting and emotional time. Seek help and utilize the resources available.
- Students on Campus – If you are a student on campus or part of student-led organizations on campus and you face any intimidation, harassment or discrimination, make sure you connect with your local CAIR office or contact CAIR National if you do not have access to a local CAIR office.
- How to Handle Encounters with the FBI- If you are approached by the FBI due to your advocacy for Palestine, utilize CAIR resources and this information sheet from the Movement for Black Lives.
- Statement to make when approached by FBI: “I would like to speak with you with my attorney present.” Get their contact information and engage with them only when you have an attorney present. Call your local CAIR chapter immediately.
- Amplify Your Voice with Facts- Use only credible sources and verify information before posting, engaging or spreading information. Falsehood travels faster than the truth has time to catch up. While the propaganda machine is going full force in spreading misinformation, make sure you are actively ensuring that you engage in and distribute verified, factual and truthful information. American Muslims for Palestine is a great resource to utilize.
- REPORT! REPORT! REPORT! – Incidents of hate, discrimination, Islamophobia are vastly underreported in our community. Try your best to document any incident via video, photos, etc. Please make sure you report any incident to CAIR. You can contact your local CAIR chapter or use this form.
- Protection Against Infiltration – When tensions run high, there is bound to be bad actors that try to negatively impact your advocacy efforts. Here is an information sheet from the Movement for Black Lives that can help guide how to protect yourself and the movement for justice in Palestine from harmful actors in bad faith.
Our beloved Prophet (saws) told us: “Whoever sees an evil, he should change it by his hands; if he could not do so, then he should change it by his tongue; if he could not do so, then he should do that by his heart, which is the least of faith.” [Sahih Muslim]. It is time to be true agents of change and stand for justice, relying on Allah completely. Allah (swt) reminds us in the Quran: “ O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do (5:8).
[ When people said to them: ‘Behold, a host has gathered around you and you should fear them’, it only increased their faith and they answered: ‘Allah is Sufficient for us; and what an excellent Guardian He is!” So they returned with a mighty favor and a great bounty from Allah having suffered no harm. They followed the good pleasure of Allah, and Allah is the Lord of great bounty]. (3:173-174)
May Allah (swt) give us the strength, clarity and steadfastness we need to continue to advocate for justice in Palestine. Ameen