MAS NATIONAL JOB POSTINGS
FUND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Development Coordinator should possess a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of three years’ experience in administration. Knowledge and well-proven skills are required in organization, commonly used basic office software systems, data management, problem solving, proofreading, and communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
The position requires the ability to balance multiple tasks, maintain accurate records, retrieve information quickly, and maintain a pleasant manner with the public and work effectively with staff, volunteers, and vendors. A critical component is a strong command of verbal and written skills to communicate with donors and other stakeholders. The Development Coordinator must possess a positive attitude toward the Muslim American Society, “MAS”, assisting in promoting a positive brand image. Experience in working with community organizations is required. Aptitude to learn new systems, such as MAS’ CRM, to aid in the maintenance of donations and pledges. Ability to travel within the United States required.
|Position Title:||Development Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Fund Development Director|
|Effective Date:||As soon as possible|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all aspects of Fund Development in accordance with the guidelines and policies of MAS. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work on developing strong relationships with all staff, donors, community partners, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Assume full responsibility for various fundraising efforts including major events, private events, masjid events and other fundraising events.
- Coordinate social media campaigns, mailing & communication with donors.
- Coordinate matching gift program, monthly giving and other seasonal programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events and activities planning to execution
- Works with the advertisement and marketing departments to promote fundraising events using all mediums
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
- Assists in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and works to achieve and surpass these goals
- Work directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects
- Manage donor databases
- Attend internal and external meetings as required
- Take on additional responsibilities and/or initiatives as deemed necessary by the Fund Development Director or the Executive Director.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Health insurance package
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Three years of related experience
- Ability to travel up to at least three out of four weekends a month, including Fridays, once the pandemic subsides and communities return to normal operations
- Ability to plan and host virtual fundraising events
- Comfortable cold calling potential donors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self starter with minimum supervision needed
- Preferable to live in East or Midwest regions
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is a member of the Development team and is responsible for securing financial resources for MAS. The primary focus is meeting and working with donors and prospects with significant giving capacity to accomplish their giving objectives in the form of Major gifts. The Major Gift Officer will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, partnership and stewardship. This income-generating position reports directly to the Director of Development. This Position requires travel and includes evening and weekend responsibilities to be successful. This is a full-time remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 200-250 qualified donors and prospects, and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Identify major gift prospects. Analyze and predict a donor’s propensity, capacity and enthusiasm to give. Gather pertinent data alongside the prospect researcher to determine the best candidates for the major gifts program.
- Cultivate major gift prospects, investing the necessary time and energy to build relationships designed to understand the donor/prospect goals with the expressed purpose of alignment with MAS mission and objectives. Solicit major gift prospects. Moving prospective major donors along the donor pipeline ready to receive appropriate asks based upon donor intent and interest.
- Stewardship of major gift donors. Develop stewardship strategies that continue the major gift relationship for future gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Execute and report on quarterly/annual fundraising plans, donor solicitations identification, cultivation, campaigns (capital and annual) and stewardship efforts.
- Track prospects and donor contacts in the portfolio using organization tools and tracking methods. Ensure that all donor information entry, storage and special requests are recorded and accomplished.
- Work toward annual fundraising (annual and capital) goals and operating campaigns
- Continually update and correct database records for individuals, organizations and mosques.
- Demonstrate MAS’ values in performance of all duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and/or CFRE preferred
- A proven fundraising track record, as well as possible history in finance, sales, and marketing
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of fundraising.
- The ability to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently
- Comfort in researching and analyzing large groups of data to uncover prospects
- Capable of handling numerous tasks and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with a CRM database (Salesforce, Neon, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop or strengthen relationships with the University
- Ability to participate in all aspects of the giving cycle
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours as needed
- Requires proficient computer, database, technology and social media skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Work well in a team environment and be able to accept input as well as supervisory guidance
- Must be a self-starter who regularly sets and achieves activity and results-driven goals
- Culture and mission-driven; extremely passionate about MAS.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission
- Ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong professional relationships with stakeholders to build lifelong partnerships and trust while aligning their passions with the mission, priorities and goals of MAS
- Collaborative problem solver who brings an entrepreneurial approach to designing personal donor engagement strategies
The employee believes in the tenets of faith MAS ascribes to and the employee shall carry out their work in a manner consistent with MAS’ mission and values.