Allah has created everything with a purpose.
Take a look around you: notice the patterns of nature, life, the coming and going of trials. Nothing is a coincidence.
Starting with this pilot episode, our 8-episode journey throughout Ramadan will explore the Divine Patterns of Allah that govern the universe.
“Allah is challenging us when He says there is no deviation in His practice in Surah Fatir verse 43. Is there anyone who is as consistent as Him in managing the affairs of the Universe? Consider just the law of gravity, for instance. When we recognize the consistency of His maintenance of the Universe from time immemorial, then we testify to His Oneness.”
– Abdul M. Asif
The Objective of this Episode
- Divine Patterns of Allah describe the systems and laws which govern our lives and the world around us.
- Allah has created everything around us for a purpose.
- “And We did not create the heaven and earth and that between them in play (21:16)”
- The universal laws of Allah are fixed and encompass matters such as cause and effect, guidance and misguidance, tests and tribulations, victory and defeat, sustenance, nature, etc.
- Searching the Quran and the realm of experience for these divine practices and how they show up as distinct patterns in our lives is key to answering pressing questions of faith.
- How might mindfulness of Allah’s divine laws and patterns assist a person going through hardship?
- Have you had a “close call” moment where you witnessed Allah’s Divine intervention?
- What patterns of Allah have you noticed unfolding before you?