About the Episode
When a calamity befalls a people, to whom do we point the finger? Allah reminds us that we are the ones to blame when things go awry.
V/O: Sh. Abdullah Oduro
Sponsored by: Mercy Without Limits
The Objective of this Episode
- Blame and Hope describes why calamities and trials happen and how to navigate them.
- When disasters strike or communities find themselves amidst a severe hardship, Allah reminds us, “Whatever misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your own hands have done, yet He pardons much (42:30).”
- A believer must hold themselves accountable for their misdeeds and evaluate themselves with a critical lens.
- Yet simultaneously, a believer must also cling to the hope of Allah’s Promise while turning inward and rectifying the Self.
- When things in your life do not go as planned, are you quick to blame or quick to have hope?
- Why must we balance self-criticism and harsh honesty with optimism and hope?
- What are some wisdoms we can extract when a disaster strikes?