- About Us
- MMM 2013
- National Departments
- MAS Chapters
- Chapter Updates
- Straight Path Initiative
- Contact Us
A Single Statement Describing MAS
MAS is a Muslim American organization that offers unique programs and services helping to fill the needs of people in the community allowing them to realize their full potential while positively influencing others to reach theirs.
To move people to strive for God consciousness, liberty, and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity.
To be a vital partner within the fabric of a virtuous and just America where Muslims are among many exemplary citizens helping to positively affect our society.
MAS is a non-profit 503(c) organization that was established in 1993. It currently has more than 50 chapters across the United States offering unique programs and services that help motivate people to constantly improve positively influencing their relationship with God, themselves, their families, and the society.
MAS accomplishes its mission through civic engagement and active participation in the greater American society. A cornerstone in MAS is the understanding of the connection between the individual's relationship with God and his or her commitment to help and have a positive influence on others regardless of their faith, gender, or national origin.
- God Consciousness: We ultimately answer to God in all of our actions or inactions towards ourselves and others.
- Faith: We believe that faith is the cornerstone of our communities and that it is the main source of peace and strength.
- Comprehensiveness: We believe that Islam is comprehensive in nature.
- Moderation: We believe in moderation in all aspects of life.
- Balance: We believe Islam promotes the balance between the mind/heart, body/soul, career/family, individual/society, and this life/the hereafter.
- Gradual: We believe that any change, even positive, needs to be gradual in its approach.
- Compassion: We are compassionate about all others regardless of their faith.
- Inclusive: We believe that the services we offer should reach anyone in need.
- Personal Development: We believe that education and personal development must be core components in the life of the individual and the community.
- Lead by example: We personally develop ourselves with hopes of constant improvement.
- Youth: We believe our youth to be our greatest asset, and consider their proper education and training to be of utmost importance in shaping a better future for all.
- Diversity: We cherish the diversity in our community as an asset and our message, services, and institutions seek to engage people of all faiths, ages, and ethnicities.
- Passion: We are passionate in what we do because we deeply believe in helping and serving others.
- Commitment: We believe that dedication, hard work, and sincere actions, done solely for the sake of God, are essential elements of our ability to grow and succeed.
- Unity: We believe in the mandate from God to be united and organized focusing on the commonalities and not the differences, striving for excellence in our efforts.
- Collective work: We believe in cooperating and working with others who share our values and are interested in working for the greater common good.
- American Muslim Identity: We believe that Muslims in America should be model citizens as demonstrated through their good work, character, faith, and loyalty.